Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Here is a project that I have been putting off and a end to my hiatus

SO, I have been gone for a while. A lot has been going on in my life these past few weeks, I have been working on some very large projects and some looming deadlines for the wedding. But I am all better now. Before I show you some of the finished products from the large projects I am going to ease you back in. I have been doing some projects half way. Like the basket project I am going to share with you today. You might remember this scene from my holiday mantle post:

See the baskets with the numbers on them well I made them. After looking for baskets for literally nine months I finally found them at Walmart. Of all places Walmart. I do not shop there, I have only been there three times in the last five years. Anyway I was looking for baskets that would fit in the shelves and fill them up and these were perfect even the tone so I got them. I do not remember how much they were or how much the numbers were. The numbers were from Lowes they are house numbers I want to say they were around $6-$9. The dirty little secret is at the bottom of the bookcase:

See how the top four baskets have numbers and the bottom two do not, well that has been like that for almost a year now. It was time to change that. Here are the supplies that I used:

  • Scissors
  • Silver Thread
  • Needle
  • Painters Tape
  • Baskets
  • House Numbers
  • Buttons
First I measured the basket so that I could center the numbers.

I threaded the needle with four strings and tied a huge knot, it was about 15 times. I put the needle through the basket so that the knot would be between the basket and the lining so it would not be visible. I then sewed the through the button three times which was really kind of tricky. Then I tied a very large knot in the back.  They ended up looking like this:

After a little dusting and some rearranging my shelves looked like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment