Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Leftover Ham Salad



There is a Rachael Ray recipe for a Ham Salad that I love to use when we have leftover ham. This was our plan when we took ham home from Thanksgiving. I knew that I was going to make some substitutions but when I got home and looked in my cabinets I ended up having to make many more which changed the whole recipe. Here is the one that I came up with:


Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1/4 cup EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 4 shakes of dried tarragon
  • Salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends discarded, thinly sliced on an angle
  • 1 pound of leftover ham, cut into very thin strips
  • 4 slices of Munster cheese
  • 2 babybel original wheels
  • 1 slice mozzarella cheese
  • A loaf of crusty bread

Mix together Dijon, Balsamic vinegar, tarragon, olive oil, garlic salt and pepper. 


Add the rest of ingredients.


Serve as a salad or on bread as a sandwich. 


No comments:

Post a Comment