- Canola oil for frying (I used olive oil)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste ( I used sea salt)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1. Pour oil into a small pot until you have a depth of 1 1/2 inches. Heat to 350° over medium-high heat.
2. While oil is heating combine flour and salt in a small bowl. Put beaten eggs and panko in separate small bowls. Dip avocado wedges in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, and then coat in panko.