Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cherry Blossoms in DC

 My great friend Kristy was in Washington DC this last week and was sending me text messages of how much she wished I was there as it is on my bucket list to go to DC when the cherry blossoms are in bloom. My wonderful husband took me a few years ago but sadly they were not really blooming yet so we will have to go back. Being a wonderful husband he bought me a Tiffany’s bracelet on that trip that we thought looked like cherry blossoms even though the lady there told us they were not, which we both thought was funny and odd.  I found these vintage prints when I was antiquing with the other Christy in Florida a few years back.


 We found this great shop and I got so many things that day, four of these prints, cherry blossom wall carvings, the tiara that I wore at my bridal shower many other great things. Now I have always wanted these framed and as I did not want to spend the money on custom frames I put the dimensions in my phone and I looked at the frames with mats every time I went thrifting, which if you know anything about me is a lot I finally found some with the right dimensions and I purchased them. Really I do not think the world will miss these geese:


or these pastel flowers circia 1884.


 I took the pictures out gave the frames and the glass a good scrubbing and then I painted the frame and the mat black. This is not the first time doing this and it turns out great the trick is to take your time you have to do very thin coats on the mat and you never want to do it when you are in a hurry. After making sure that everything is really dry, I gave it a day or two and  I reassembled it and Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment