Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Never-Ending Curtain Battle Until Now ~ Tricky Thursdays

I have been having a battle with the curtains in the master bedroom pretty much since we moved in. When everyone came out to help in the days before I told my mom that this was one of the projects that I wanted to get done. Needless to say mom and Mikey vetoed that idea. I finished them last month and it was so easy. I posted about us originally putting them up and then pulling them down and putting them back up and them still being to high here. Well the solution ended up being $.74, a little paint and some time. I found these at the ARC:

I painted them black with the General Finishes Lamp Black Milk Paint that I used in this project. So I painted them right over the existing finish which sounds so dangerous but I have done it so many times with this milk paint and it works so well. I think that I painted three coats then I sewed them on to the curtains I was able to use seven per panel. 

Now they are the right length! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment