Thursday, December 2, 2010

After holding strong for 2 days... I mean, look what I got yesterday...

So all of our dinner guests left  pretty early Sunday night because of the snow. I blogged for a while and caught up on facebook, finished cleaning up and such and tried to go to bed. This did not work. After a while I got up and decided to do some Christmas decorating. I am very torn this year. The whole time we lived in an apartment Mikey would always comment how bummed out he was that we did not have a tree. Now that we have our own place, well he has seemed to have lost all desire. The other issue is even though I have this whole tupperware tote of Christmas decorations a lot of them will not work now that we have change our color scheme. What used to be


Will now be
One thing that will always be in style is my favorite ornament that I got from Uncommon Goods a few years back it is by designer Michael Aram It is mistletoe that is dipped in silver:



Jealous? You can buy one similar by him on his website, I like the double.

I found a bunch of holiday items that I had bought over the years that I will never use. They will be going into holiday gift bags for friends. 

So when it comes down to it, I really do not have that many holiday decorations and most of what I did have I will not be using now. I do not want to really buy anything more at this point because I know it will be on sale soon. My next door neighbor is all decked out and honestly I am a little jealous, ok maybe a lot jealous. But at least I know what I want and I know what colors we will be having for a while.  

I was holding strong on Monday but by Wednesday I had lost it. What a good day to lose it as all Christmas decor was on sale for 50% off at the ARC and just really cheap at Salvation Army.

It is the time of year for projects and as I figured out that pretty much all of my previous Christmas decorations do not go with our new decor. Here were my great finds today:


Some body had trimmed their trees and left them at the side of the road. Free! Can't figure out what I am going to do with them, I will give you a hint, It involves a Twilight book. Another hint will come tomorrow.


$2.50




$2.25




$3.50


$1.20




$.40


$2.35


$1.99

Just wait till you see the afters!

No comments:

Post a Comment