Monday, December 6, 2010

Remember When I said that I was not decorating for Christmas?

Remember When I said that I was not decorating for Christmas? Then 2 days later I went on a little shopping spree that was about $18 from the Salvation Army and the ARC. Well I have gone farther and this time it was not at a Thrift store. Last night Melissa, Cindy and I went to the Blossoms of Light at the Denver Botanic Gardens.


It was beautiful and so much fun, and we were bundled up really well, (even though I forgot my new cashmere hand warmers), so we stayed warm. I have a little point and shoot digital camera that I love but does not do the best at night pictures. I will post more when Cindy uploads the ones she took on her D-SLR so that you can see the event in its full beauty. For now here is an idea:







These were frozen columbines (the Colorado state flower) frozen in some of the ice sculptures. 





Then I really got into some trouble in the gift shop.


I love these hanging crystals, ever since I saw the wedding scene in I Love You Man I knew that I would have them at my wedding and I have been  diligently working on them. 


As we were walking around I saw these:


I love them, they are our color scheme, and nature in theme, with sparkles! How can it get better than that?
(Mikey Loves them, too!)


Details.


Details.


And then what would Christmas be without a silver plated aspen leaf. All of the ones that they were selling came from the Denver Botanic Gardens and all were plated in Colorado. Yay!


2 comments:

  1. I'll post my pictures on facebook soon! I got some good ones, but mostly of the lights, each one I tried of us was meh, haha. I'll post them anyways!

    ReplyDelete