Friday, December 24, 2010

Vita mix pies

I am a die hard smore enthusiast, I know it is not smore season right now, and admittedly every time I have been spinning my lazy-Susan to look for something my heart sinks a little when it would pass the smore section (yes, I had a smore section in my lazy-Susan). So I did two things, one I rearranged both of my lazy-Susans, they needed it anyway. Two, I made two gram cracker crust pies with my vita mix blender today so that I just would not have to look at the gram crackers anymore. First off I took three packages (one plain and two Cinnamon) of gram crackers and put them in the blender, I used the tamping tool to make sure they were all finely processed then I followed the directions from this recipe:



Graham Cracker Crust I


By: Carol 
"This goes great with many pies."

10,627 people have saved this | 5 custom versions

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)

Directions

  1. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter or margarine, and cinnamon until well blended . Press mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
  2. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 7 minutes. Cool. If recipe calls for unbaked pie shell, just chill for about 1 hour.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 176 | Total Fat: 10.2g | Cholesterol: 23mg



I baked mine. 


I used Banana Cream and Chocolate Caramel Pudding, which when I was doing resurch on the diffrent things you cold make on the vita mix website the other day I found that there was a way to make cooked pudding in the blender. I love this because I never want to just stand there and stir and it almost always gets burned on the bottom of the pan. Here is the recipe from the vita mix website:

Cooked Packaged Pudding








Speed: Variable to High
Time: 5 minutes

3 cups (720 ml) skim milk, steaming
4-ounce (112 g) package cooked pudding mix
3 tablespoons (24 g) cornstarch
1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
* I have the higher end model so I just selected the hot soup setting and walked away, this pre-program will bend for 5 minutes.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 5 minutes
or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
5. Pour into serving bowls. Pudding sets up as it cools.
* I just poured in to the pie crust.






Then I used the smothie setting which lasts a minute to clean the blender and then did the chocolate pudding. All in all it look me less than thirty minutes and I was able to do other things almost the whole time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment