Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Put a cork in it. (A project coming soon to a blog near you)

I love Groupon, if you don't groupon already, you should. Groupon brought me to Lala's Wine Bar in Denver, Colorado. It was fantastic. While I was there with my mom before she moved to Texas I say these wine cork walls:


And I did what anyone would do in this situation. I said to myself "I have got to get one of those."
Some may ask where anyone would ever put one of those, well I am glad you asked.


This is the space near the dining room in our condo, this is where our water heater and furnace live. It is not really great to look at and in my years I have seen many situations like this. One does not really need to access their water heater or furnace very often, but should you need to in a hurry it needs to be accessible. On that point if I was going to cover it I wanted to make sure that whatever I covered it will was light and easy to remove. See where I am going with this?

I recently took a trip to Napa, it was my first time and I loved it. I was also the first time that all of my bridesmaids got to meet each other. Being that they are all deeply fabulous, (I have wonderful taste in friends) they all got along famously.


I had gone to Napa with a goal: to return with 1,000 wine corks. I came back with 1,570. We enjoy being over achievers. And because I sent out a call for corks over facebook more are on their way. Originally I wanted to do the pattern from the bar, two up then two sideways, rinse, repeat. Until we went to Barringer. Where the wine was sub-par, so much so that I left the tasting to go reorganize my friend's trunk. (No Joke) It was when I was throwing away trash from her trunk that I saw this:


This was one of those and then the clouds parted in the sky kind of moments...

8 comments:

  1. Hey, I don't think I have met the bridesmaid with the tie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was axed because he could not keep up with the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it's about home or small commercial cooling we think about electricity savings.I appreciate this blog to share this information.but in office what is the environment and culture? Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Get all concept of commercial air condition system in office from http://accutrolhvac.com/.

    If you are finding human comfort and safety don't forget to get touch with our daily blogs..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete