Thursday, November 18, 2010

Well since Mikey would not let me watch any more Tudors...

Last night I went home from work with every intention of lying on the couch and vegging out. At first it went exactly as I planned. We ate dinner and then we sat down to watch the final season of the Tudors that we had received in the mail from Netflix.

I do not know how long is has been since we were watching the last season, but man Henry the eighth and all of his crazy antics sure have a way of sucking you in. I would have been completely content watching the whole disk so I could send it back on it's merry way back to Netflix. Mikey stopped it after one episode, and said he had a test tomorrow and needed to be good. How can you say anything to that. With my plan foiled I had to figure out what else I could do. I decided to do a project that I have had in the works for a while. 

This is an image that I saved from West Elm years ago.

I love the navy and white picture project with the ribbon. I have always wanted to make one but I never have.    Also back in 2003 when I was in my Goodwill phase (where I would just venture to Goodwill and the ARC and buy random things that I thought were cool), I purchased this this, I think because I liked the barnboard texture.

Looking back $3.50 seems kind of steep. Anyway the inserts were long gone and that was a shame because I could have used them, well at least the back one. Instead I used some old foam board that I had lying around. 

The only thing that I had to buy for this project was brown ribbon that I got at Michael's with a 40% off coupon that made it $1.93 after tax

  • Brown Ribbon
  • Tacky glue
  • Hot glue
  • Material
  • Foam Board
  • Frame

I gathered my materials.

I ironed and starched my fabric, then I glued it down to the foam board using a similar

I cut the pieces of ribbon alternating because I was not sure how many I would get out of a roll. 
When I was doing the full canvas in ribbon I vastly underestimated the amount it would take and had to run back to the store. 

 I started to lay out the ribbon making sure to go under previous strands for more visual interest.
I finished layering and then popped it in to the frame.  

Since the other day I was able to get the rest of the nail heads I needed I finally finished the rest of my second nail head inspiration board.

Here is what it looks like in the guest room, that will not be the final placing of it, especially since the white shelves will not even be in there. Not a bad nights work. 

I posted this over at Vintage Revivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment